Co-hosted by World Urban Parks and Parks and Leisure Australia, FUTURE of SPACES and PLACES in CITIES aims to address the impact urban growth and density will have on our parks, leisure and sport globally and how we as an industry can respond to ensure our open spaces are protected and our lifestyles enhanced.
What does the future hold and how will we respond?
- Dr Julia Miranda Londono, Deputy Chair IUCN WCPA, Columbia
- Mitchell Silver, NY Parks Commissioner, USA
- Gil Penalosa, 8-80 Cities, Canada
- Bishop Ngobeli, Johannesburg Parks Commissioner, South Africa
- Jayne Miller, President, Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy, USA
- Karen Keenleyside, Vice Chair People and Parks, Canada
- Dan Raven-Ellison, National Geographic, UK
- Dr Melanie Davern, Co-director, Healthy Livable Cities Group
- Liliana D’Ambrosio, Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change, AU
- Jason Fox, modern day wizard rogue and leadership advisor, AU
Held at the world famous Melbourne Cricket Ground (or the ‘G’ as the locals call it), choose from more than 50 concurrent sessions across five streams Future/Spaces/ Places/Cities/Sport and nine technical tours addressing the most pressing issues for parks, leisure and sport professionals. Topped off with an outstanding social program; the highlight being the sectors night of nights, the PLA Awards of Excellence Gala Dinner. Join them in Melbourne, Australia 14-17 October.
To find out more visit www.iplc2018.com and follow the conversation #IPLC2018.