John Deere had its largest presence ever at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2023 in March in Las Vegas. Totaling 80,000 square feet of booth space, John Deere and Wirtgen combined forces for the first time at CONEXPO-CON/AGG, encompassing a 70,000-square-foot booth outside in the Silver Lot (S5020). Inside the West Hall (W40844), an additional 10,000 square feet was dedicated to the future of John Deere technology in the construction space. The John Deere and Wirtgen Group presence offered customers an engaging experience and an all-encompassing snapshot of the future of construction through industry-leading equipment and technology.
In addition to its expansive and interactive booth experiences, exhibition attendees enjoyed the following from John Deere at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2023:
• One cohesive booth showcased both John Deere and the Wirtgen Group’s latest machines and technologies
• 70,000 square feet of outdoor space displayed world-class John Deere and Wirtgen Group equipment, technology, and application experience
• 10,000 square feet of indoor space focussed on John Deere technology, forwardthinking innovative solutions, and John Deere Power Systems
• 68 machines were displayed between John Deere and the Wirtgen Group feature area
• Six machines featured SmartGrade™ control functionality. Wirtgen Group machines were equipped with the latest technologies such as Wirtgen Performance Tracker, AutoPilot 2.0, 3D Paving, Smart Compact, and Spective Connect
• Nine compact construction machines were on display, such as skid-steer loaders, compact track loaders, compact excavators, and compact wheel loaders
• Nine electric or hybrid-electric John Deere and Wirtgen Group machines were on display
• 36 world premieres of brand-new equipment across the construction, roadbuilding and compact construction segments
• Four production systems showcased the current priority areas for John Deere and the Wirtgen Group, including Aggregates, Site Development, Roadbuilding, Underground
• One centre feature area for the future generation of Deere-built excavators
• Three educational sessions featured commentary from John Deere and Wirtgen Group experts.
Being ‘Close To Our Customers’ John Deere understands contractors’ desire to have conversations relevant to their production-system needs. John Deere and the Wirtgen Group designed the booth layout with a production-system strategy in mind. To assist customers, four production systems, include Aggregates, Site Development, Roadbuilding, and Underground, were created to emphasize their core business areas. Each production system showcased key components, equipment, and features relevant to their needs and were presented first-hand by John Deere and Wirtgen Group brand representatives.
For those exploring educational opportunities, John Deere hosted a session featuring Justin Steger, Solutions Marketing Manager at John Deere Construction & Forestry, titled ‘How Grade Control Impacts Earthmoving Productivity’. From the Wirtgen Group, Tom Chastain, Milling Product Manager, discussed ‘Best practices in Milling and Profiling’, and Tim Kowalski, Application Support Manager – HAMM, led a discussion titled ‘Compaction 101: Doing the Right Things, the Right Way’
To learn more about John Deere at CONEXPO-CON/AGG, visit deere.com/en/campaigns/construction/vegas2023/