A new look for a proven classic, the #989 is the latest addition to the Blundstone safety range and is part of their premium XFoot Rubber series
Designed to be the boot of choice for workers in the transport, landscaping, agriculture, trades and warehouse industries, it offers premium comfort and safety features not usually found in elastic sided boots. In fact, the #989 is one of the few wheat nubuck safety boots in the Australian market that deliver the key features of a heat resistant rubber outsole, a steel toe cap, TPU bump cap and offers the extra protection of electrical hazard resistance, all in one elastic-sided package.
• A wheat premium water-resistant nubuck upper provides leather protection whilst still being light and breathable.
• A rubber outsole with 6mm tread designed to offer slip and abrasion resistance. The outsole is heat resistant to temperatures up to at least 300°C. It has a very high insulating value, providing short term resistance to melting and cracks at higher-thannormal temperature ranges that may be encountered in an industrial environment.
• A luxury Comfort Arch footbed features an airflow and moisture-wicking system and is breathable, washable and anti-bacterial. The footbed is made with a large pad of XRD® Extreme Impact Protection material under the ball of the foot to help absorb the impact with every step taken.
• Electrical hazard resistance—where there is a risk that a person may come in contact with a live electrical circuit, electrical shock hazard footwear will provide the best possible protection against electrical shock hazard.
• A broad fitting Type 1 steel toe cap proven to resist a 200 joule impact. Steel is the safest toe cap material available, providing the highest level of resistance to punctures, cuts, and rolling side compression.
• A rigorous, moulded TPU bump cap, designed to provide added protection to the leather around the toe area, preventing abrasions and scuffing.
The #989’s elastic-sided upper makes itighly suitable for those who have slightly wider feet. Offering the ease of slip-on, slip off convenience, and another key benefit of this design is that it provides better ankle articulation. This can be particularly beneficial for drivers with active feet and can assist with accurate and precise machine operation.
Whilst its pedigree is heavy industrial, with a rubber sole heat resistant to 300oC, the lighter nubuck and elastic side make the #989 ideal for anyone who spends their days on their feet or driving. Complying with AS 2210.3:2019 and ASTM F2413-18 standards and backed by a 30-day comfort and six-month manufacturing guarantee, the new Blundstone #989 is available now where hard work is taken seriously.